From the Teatro Massimo following via Ruggero Settimo you reach in a few minutes Piazza Politeama and the homonymous theatre, dating back to the late 19th century. Inside the Politeama theatre stands the Modern Art Gallery, which hosts sculptures and paintings of Sicilian artists of the 20th century. Occasionally some exhibitions of international modern art are held here. Proceeding along Viale della Libertà one meet the English Garden, a delightful green corner, and a bit further the Ucciardone penitentiary, the former Borbonic prison which today hosts mafia bosses before they are sent to high security prisons.
A bit far from the old town there are two testimonies of the Arab-Norman Palermo which are worth to be seen: the Cuba and the magnificent Zisa.
GAM – Modern art gallery
- Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday: 09:30-18:30
- Closed on Monday, even when it falls on a festivity.
- Ticket office shuts down at 17:30 pm.
- Operative hours for guided visits:
- Tue to Fri.: 09:00-14:00
- For info and booking of guides visits: Tel.: 091 84 31 605
- Fax: 091 88 89 893
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For info and booking:
- Call center: 199 19 91 11 (cost of the call vary according to hours and distances)
- Web: http://www.galleriadartemodernapalermo.it/
- Access from: Via Libertà, Via Duca della Verdura, Via del Giardino, Via Croci
- Opening hours: all days: 09.00-17.00 (In summer 09:00-18:00) there is a playground for kids inside, with a small merry-go-round.
- For info: Tel.: 091 74 05 756
Situated in the historic centre of Palermo, Cristal Palace Hotel offers a traditional restaurant and bar. It features a rooftop terrace located on the [...]
Offering a quiet position in its own gardens, Hotel Casena Dei Colli is a villa located a 15-minute drive from Palermo’s centre. A bus stop outside [...]
Located a 20-minute walk from the Cathedral, the Norman Palace and other important historical sites, Casa Marconi is ideal for a comfortable, relaxing [...]
The modern and functional Ibis Styles Palermo features a sea-view, rooftop terrace overlooking the harbour of Palermo, which is just 50 metres away. R [...]
Offering free parking in central Palermo, Albergo Athenaeum is a 15-minute walk from Palermo Station and the historic centre. Its features spacious ro [...]
Overlooking the beautiful Gulf of Palermo, NH Palermo is on the seafront next to the botanic gardens. This 4-star hotel offers free Wi-Fi throughout, [...]
Situated in a completely refurbished classical building located in the historical and business centre of Palermo, this luxurious hotel is within walki [...]