From the Teatro Massimo following via Ruggero Settimo you reach in a few minutes Piazza Politeama and the homonymous theatre, dating back to the late 19th century. Inside the Politeama theatre stands the Modern Art Gallery, which hosts sculptures and paintings of Sicilian artists of the 20th century. Occasionally some exhibitions of international modern art are held here. Proceeding along Viale della Libertà one meet the English Garden, a delightful green corner, and a bit further the Ucciardone penitentiary, the former Borbonic prison which today hosts mafia bosses before they are sent to high security prisons.
A bit far from the old town there are two testimonies of the Arab-Norman Palermo which are worth to be seen: the Cuba and the magnificent Zisa.
GAM – Modern art gallery
- Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday: 09:30-18:30
- Closed on Monday, even when it falls on a festivity.
- Ticket office shuts down at 17:30 pm.
- Operative hours for guided visits:
- Tue to Fri.: 09:00-14:00
- For info and booking of guides visits: Tel.: 091 84 31 605
- Fax: 091 88 89 893
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For info and booking:
- Call center: 199 19 91 11 (cost of the call vary according to hours and distances)
- Web: http://www.galleriadartemodernapalermo.it/
- Access from: Via Libertà, Via Duca della Verdura, Via del Giardino, Via Croci
- Opening hours: all days: 09.00-17.00 (In summer 09:00-18:00) there is a playground for kids inside, with a small merry-go-round.
- For info: Tel.: 091 74 05 756
The modern and functional Ibis Styles Palermo features a sea-view, rooftop terrace overlooking the harbour of Palermo, which is just 50 metres away. R [...]
Located in Palermo's shopping district, 500 metres from the port, Hotel Elite offers air-conditioned rooms decorated with frescoes showing various Pal [...]
Hotel Libertà is at the top of a 10-floor building in Palermo's centre, offering a breakfast room and rooftop terrace with views of the city centre a [...]
Just a few metres from Palermo’s beautiful Baroque square, Quattro Canti, the Columbia Hotel is 5 minutes' walk from Palermo Cathedral and Teatro Ma [...]
Hotel Porta Felice is in central Palermo, near the Botanical Gardens, and the seaside promenade. A rich breakfast is served on the rooftop terrace. Ro [...]
Offering a quiet position in its own gardens, Hotel Casena Dei Colli is a villa located a 15-minute drive from Palermo’s centre. A bus stop outside [...]
Situated in a completely refurbished classical building located in the historical and business centre of Palermo, this luxurious hotel is within walki [...]